The Mother & Child Care Hospital at Mianwali will comprise a bed strength of 200 beds with a total plot area of 300 kanals. The approximate covered area of the hospital building is 260,000 sq. ft (and staff accommodation is 200,000 sq. ft.)
The hospital will ensure the availability of qualified teams of physicians, technicians, nurses and administrative staff who are well skilled to offer best of their services to expecting mothers, facilitate them in labor and delivery and treat other health problems of women and children.
This hospital comprises of the following blocks:
Gynae & Obstetrics Block
- Gynae Emergency
- Labor Room
- Antenatal Ward
- Postnatal Ward
- Gynae Ward
- Indoor/Day Care Room/Anemia Treatment Room
- Emergency (Pead’s & Neonatal)
- Pead’s Indoor
- Pead’s ICU
- Neonatal HDU/ICU
Support services like clinical pathology, laboratory, radiology, pharmacy, CSSD, kitchen, laundry, mortuary and blood bank are also included in the plan to ensure prompt delivery of respective services round the clock without interruption. Furthermore, this project will also provide other allied facilities such as housing and accommodation for its staff which would accommodate a total of 320 staff members including doctors, working nurses and paramedics.
- Reduce maternal, neonatal and infant mortality and morbidity rates by providing emergency management of obstetrics, neonatal and children (EmONC).
- To provide high quality emergency services on latest scientific grounds to widely scattered population of low socio-economic group.
- To provide consultant advice by highly educated consultants from disciplines of obstetrics, gynecology, pediatric and neonatology.
- To provide routine & emergency gynecological and obstetric coverage to women.
- To decrease growth rate by giving family planning advice and services.
- To ensure provision of satisfactory diagnostic, surgical and ante and post-natal services.
- Implementation of Electronic Medical Record (EMR) and HIMS.
- Implementation of patient registration, record keeping, physical queue management, E-prescription, supporting IT interventions for EMR and medicine dispensation.